Re: [ 1371118 ] IPv6 RFC 2732 addrs are not fully supported - Using Curl for HTTP transfer over IPv6 fe80 addresses

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:08:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Rizzo, Christopher wrote:

> However, per the "Closed" bug I found in the CURL database (see Subject
> line) it seems there is no way currently to use CURL to talk HTTP over IPv6
> Link Local addresses. Is there some way to get around this?
>
> If there is no way around this, then I guess this email is just to confirm
> what the bug report currently says - that if I want the patch bad enough
> I'll have to write it myself?

I think it boils down to the fact that nobody has used libcurl very much with
IPv6 - at least not with the requirements you have.

I personally have just built libcurl on IPv6 enabled hosts and I've made it
run IPv6 tests, but I've never actually used libcurl on a real use case
involving IPv6.

So in the end it comes back to this being open source and volunteer driven:
nobody needed that feature bad enough yet so nobody has made it work... I
would of course love to see this adressed to make libcurl's IPv6 powers
better!