Re: can i statically compile the lib?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:38:17 -0700

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 09:13:12AM +0300, Meir Yanovich wrote:
> ok i did it the documents i must say very clear
> i compile with the HTTP_ONLY flag in wni32
> and the static lib is 480 KB (491,540 bytes)
> that is big for me is there any way to make it smaller ?

An optimized HTTP-only libcurl static library for x86 under Linux is about
175 KB. It could be that your library includes debugging symbols,
or you haven't eliminated all possible extras (e.g. the built-in manual).
If you compile and link a simple curl "hello world" program (look in the
examples directory) you'll get a much better idea of how much of that
is code and how much is overhead.

>>> Dan