RE: libcurl FTP - downloading a single file

From: Alla Bogolubov <abogolub_at_opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:26:40 -0400

Is specifying the file name in the URL the only way? If, for example I
want to emulate mget of number of files that meet certain wild card mask
(say *.txt), should I call curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_URL,
REMOTE_URL) which includes file name for each file?

Here is another scenario.
I login to ftp server with my credentials. I want to download a file
which is not located in my home directory tree. This is the sequence of
commands in UNIX ftp client:

/home/sambuild/TESTS/CURL> ftp geniosol9
Connected to geniosol9.
220 geniosol9.hcl.com FTP server ready.
Name (geniosol9:sambuild):
331 Password required for sambuild.
Password:
230 User sambuild logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> pwd
257 "/export/home/sambuild" is current directory.
ftp> cd /tmp
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> pwd
257 "/tmp" is current directory.
ftp> get filesize
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for filesize (8 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
8 bytes received in 0.00 seconds (1.76 Kbytes/s)
ftp>

How can I implement this sequence of ftp commands with libcurl?

Thank you,
Alla