RE: Progress During Large Posts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:09:05 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Dan Petitt wrote:

> Ok, I tried your example which also works okay. But the difference between
> your example and mine is that you use the read_callback function, if I
> change your code to just pass in the post data directly then it stops
> working on the smaller post.

In my code you can just #undef FILE_BASED and it'll use CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS
instead!

> This reproduces my problem with the two example files I sent you.

I doubt the actual contents matter but rather the file sizes is what matter.
How fast are your transfers? Have you disabled Expect: headers?

I'm suspecting that you get the entire or at least most of the request-body
sent in the lib/http.c:add_buffer_send() function and that doesn't seem to
call any progress callback which looks like a bug to me. Do you think this
could be what happens?