RE: Curllib on vista?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 23:42:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Jared Wilkin wrote:

> On XP: during an active connection (in the middle of a data transfer),
> if the cable is pulled libcurl detects a broken connection and exits
> gracefully.

[...]

> On Vista: During an active connection (in the middle of a data
> transfer), if the cable is pulled libcurl does not detect the broken
> connection.

Then it sounds like a flaw in libcurl that we should address. So how do you
find this out in Vista then? (Do note I already suggested in my previous that
this could be what is going on.)

Switching from reliably detecting a broken connection to instead rely on a
forced idle timeout is not an acceptable solution.

> but aside from setting those, is an infinite loop expected behavior?

The loop is only inifinite if you let it run forever, which you shouldn't.
Another day you'll see a connection go down somewhere where you certainly
cannot detect it and libcurl will sit there waiting for it to come back up
again. What do you suggest libcurl should do by default other than exactly
this?