Re: Makefile.vc6 & Makefile.vc8 for curl & libcurl 7.13.2 up to 7.18.0

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:09:48 +0100

Hi José,
>>From curl 7.13.2 up to the last 7.18.0, it looks to me that there's a typo
> in the following 2 lines '!IFDEF WINDOWS_SSPI' in both the Makefile.vc6
> and Makefile.vc8 for curl and libcurl, or am I wrong ?
sorry, but you're wrong.

> At least, I was able to rebuild both curl & libcurl with NTLM and SSPI
> features by just replacing the 2 lines with '!IFDEF USE_WINDOWS_SSPI' and
> using 'USE_WINDOWS_SSPI = 1'.
it doesnt matter what define the !IFDEF uses as long as the define the compiler sees is right;
and in fact this is:

!IFDEF WINDOWS_SSPI
CFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) /DUSE_WINDOWS_SSPI /I$(WINDOWS_SDK_PATH)\include
!ENDIF

so all you need to do is to give the right define to the makefile;
and if you use the main makefile in the project root then this happens with the vc-sspi target:

vc-sspi:
        cd lib
        nmake /f Makefile.$(VC) cfg=release WINDOWS_SSPI=1
        cd ..\src
        nmake /f Makefile.$(VC) cfg=release WINDOWS_SSPI=1

so if you call the makefile.vc6|8 directly just use it the same way, and it should work.

I agree though that this is not documented yet, so for now I'd suggest you read through the main makefile to get an idea of the various possible combinations, and if one you need is missing then just add it manually, f.e. add:

vc-dll-ssl-dll-zlib-dll-sspi:
        cd lib
        nmake /f Makefile.$(VC) cfg=release-dll-ssl-dll-zlib-dll WINDOWS_SSPI=1
        cd ..\src
        nmake /f Makefile.$(VC) cfg=release-dll-ssl-dll-zlib-dll WINDOWS_SSPI=1

Guenter.