Re: WWW-Curl-3.10

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:37:16 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Anton Fedorov wrote:

> And there attached new build of WWW::Curl bundle.

We're not the maintainers of that binding so while it is nice of you to post
it here, it won't go anywhere from here. Cris Bailiff is or at least was the
maintainer of that code, as noted in CPAN etc. I have no idea how to deal with
this stuff if he's not around for that anymore.

> But don't like to left that code as-is, because I'm not sure what to do with
> CURLSHOPT_LOCKFUNC/CURLSHOPT_UNLOCKFUNC. (In my case they not needed -- i'm
> share only cookies, login separate, and cookies don't change in further
> accesses, so can left code unsync)

You need these callbacks when you share data between two easy handles like
when you use the easy interface in two threads that share stuff.

> How best to make them?

I don't know. I trust there are other bindings (like the openssl one or gcrypt
for GnuTLS) you can use as inspiration.