Re: question about --libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:25:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, chucky7711_at_netzero.net wrote:

> When I use the command-line option --libcurl to get a libcurl equivalent, I
> see a long list of calls to curl_easy_setopt(). Many of these look like
> default options. Example: "curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_USERAGENT,
> "curl/7.18.0 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8g");" Is there a
> way to only ouput the calls to curl_easy_setopt() that are NOT default
> settings? I'm trying to avoid having to set 100 different options when it's
> only a few that deviate from the default settings.

While this is a curl-users question, the answer is no. The reason is simply
because the --libcurl options shows excatly what options curl set, not which
few it could get away with setting if it didn't set default values to a lot of
options.

Offering the suggested feature would make the curl tool get a lot of knowledge
about what the internal defaults are for various options, which it doens't
have to have now.

> What are the lines with "/* curl_easy_setopt(hnd, CURLOPT_SEEKDATA,
> 0x79f938); [REMARK] */"? Those are program-specific and I can ignore them?

It means curl set the CURLOPT_SEEKDATA option, but that's a callback function
so the address to the function curl used is not of interest to anyone but the
--libcurl option still outputs that line to show that the option was indeed
used.