Re: Thread safety of curl_global_init (was Re:)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:24:03 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> This is why the documentation for curl_global_init is so restrictive--in
> many situations you just can't know the answer to all those questions.

Also, you're always free to do whatever works for you and you can read the
source code to see exactly what libcurl does in your own specific situation.
The docs of course has to be rather generic since a function like this can do
a lot of different things and it can be used on a lot of different systems.

Further more, we're also open to improvements of the documentation if you
think it is wrong or unspecific.