Re: connection reuse with proxies and ssl

From: Gautam Kachroo <gk4curl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:03:32 -0800

On Jan 26, 2008 2:41 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Gautam Kachroo wrote:
>
> > I haven't figured out the cause either, but I did notice that the failure
> > went away when I turned on CURLOPT_FORIBID_REUSE. It's as if something gets
> > messed up if the connection (for the first url) is still around when the
> > connection for the second url is made.
>
> It seems that for a unpatched version the connection is re-used fine in the
> test (which means the connection is re-used when the connection is not in
> ssl_connection_complete yet), while the patched version refuses to reuse that
> connection then.

That makes sense since test 509 changes the url in the middle of the
ssl connection process. The connection for the first url is never
fully initialized. With the check for ssl_connection_complete, that
connection won't be re-used. The problem is why using a new connection
would cause problems.

thanks,
-gk