RE: libCurl with Java

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:05:31 +0100

Sooraj vs wrote:

> Can some one give some tips on using libCurl with java? I've come
across curl-java-0.2.1

Please see the test.java example. There's no other documentation yet.

> What features are supported by the curl-java-0.2.1.

Only the "easy" interface is supported. No multi, no formadd, etc.
Interface class CurlWrite implements CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION. All other
setopt() callbacks are not implemented.

The hot new version 2.2 supports CURLOPT_READFUNCTION via interface
class CurlRead. It also implements class CurlIO that supports both read
and write via subclassing. The later should be used because it may be
extended in the future with other callbacks (but not the interface
classes).

At the source level, options (CURLOPT_*) are symbolized, but not the
option arguments: for the time being, you have to determine the
equivalent integer value by examining the curl.h C header file (in the
curl package).