Re: Feature freeze for 7.18.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:07:16 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Richard Atterer wrote:

>>> --socks5-hostname <host[:port]> SOCKS5 proxy, resolve addresses remotely
>>
>> This certainly works for me!
>
> Well, except that e.g. with tor, it doesn't resolve at all, neither locally
> nor remotely... not that I have an equally short, better alternative
> ready... ;-/

Perhaps something like:

   --socks5-hostname <host[:port]> SOCKS5 proxy and pass host name to proxy

?

I guess in the end only people who really understand the implication will use
this anyway, and the rest can read the longer explanation in the man page, so
the short version should only be there to help people find what they're
looking for and then I don't think using 'resolve' in that line will confuse
many people even if it technically might not be correct with tor (and the
likes).