Re: Problem facing to compilinglibcurl on VDSP4.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:54:48 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Ajeet kumar.S wrote:

> I generated configuration file for VDK (RTOS).Configuration file is as
> follows:

[file cut out]

> I added in setup.h file as follows:

> #ifdef NetVdk
> #include "config-netvdk.h"
> #endif
>
> And NetVdk included in preprocessor definitions.

Nitpick: most compilers already define system-specific defines and you can
probably use one of them instead.

> Then I compiled on VDSP4.5(BlackFin533 processor) and then I got error as
> follows:
>
> "url.c", line 81: cc0035: fatal error: #error directive: "We can't compile
> without socket() support!" // I comment it
> #error "We can't compile without socket() support!" // I comment it

And now your own skills of reading code and drawing conclusions are required.
That line does what? It checks for the HAVE_SOCKET define. It isn't defined so
it bails out.

Why isn't it defined even though your config-netvdk.h file has it defined?
That's very hard to tell for us, so it's now up to you to figure that out and
fix it!