Re: Uploading to folder with permissions 766

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:49:37 -0800

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:36:31PM -0800, Bryan Hansen wrote:
> I am trying to find out if curl is able to upload to a directory with
> permissions set at 766 for someone not the owner. It seems like it should be
> possible based on the definition of those permissions, but curl fails with:
>
> curl: (9) Uploaded unaligned file size (0 out of 134985 bytes)

That error doesn't sound like a permissions problem.

> I think this may be because curl cannot confirm that data arrived safely.
>
> It is possible however to upload using a tool like Transmit (mac) to a
> folder with these permissions successfully. Why is curl unable to do this?

It could be because curl follows the RFC when it comes to FTP, and that
causes problems in some configurations when it comes to permission.
Try the "--ftp-method singlecwd" or "--ftp-method nocwd" option (or libcurl
equivalent) and see if that solves the problem.

>>> Dan