libproxy summary

From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:55:44 -0500

I've gone back through our (long) list of discussion and I'd like to
summarize each of the issues discussed and what libproxy is doing to
address them:
1. No API documentation - API & Examples can be
    found @ http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/wiki/HowTo
2. No Threading Support - Just commited to trunk (r192)
3. License (LGPL) - There is no legal problem, and LGPL
    doesn't "upgrade" MIT. I'm open to re-licencing if there
    is real need.
4. Performance - There is no real data to support that
    libproxy performs poorly in any configuration, and some
    to the contrary.
5. Cross platform - Accepting patches. :) Seriously, we will
    address this.
6. Don't want to link against Javascript - You don't, it's
    a plugin.
7. Backwards compatibility - libproxy also falls back to
    reading http_proxy. Details @
    http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/wiki/IgnorePatterns
8. C89 vs C99 - As of yet, this is just a theoretical problem.
    If this is a real bug, we'll fix it.

I'm not sure how much of this is just stop energy (hey, I do it too!),
but where there are real issues, we'll work with you to address them.
The user experience for proxies can be much better. You can help us
change that.

Thanks!
Nathaniel