Re: libproxy summary

From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:46:18 -0500

On Dec 21, 2007 7:02 PM, Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com> wrote:
> Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> > 3. License (LGPL) - There is no legal problem, and LGPL
> > doesn't "upgrade" MIT. I'm open to re-licencing if there
> > is real need.
>
> The concern that I (as a libcurl user, not a committer) have with this
> is that an app can't link statically with LGPL libs unless it is also
> *GPL. I currently link statically with libcurl, so if in some way
> libcurl became tightly enough bonded with libproxy that I couldn't do
> static links any more, that would be a big problem.

Does this also mean that you need to statically link to *both* libcurl
and libproxy? Because you could still do a static link to libcurl and
a dynamic link to libproxy.

Like I said, if relicensing would meet a real need, I'm open to doing
it. I'd like to see libcurl actually support libproxy before that
happens though.

Nathaniel