Re: telnet using libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:27:50 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Immanuel Gregoire wrote:

> I hoped for using my app, linked with libcurl and libssh2 for telnetting
> (and especially sshing) to my machines.

telnet and ssh are quite different...

> Am i correct saying telnet (and ssh) can't be done using libcurl ?

libcurl supports SCP and SFTP (which both are SSH-based) pretty good these
days, but the TELNET support is a bit awkward. The latter is partly due to
some libcurl design decisions (that could be fixed if anyone would bother
enough) but also partly because TELNET is not a protocol that is really
suitable for auto-things such as libcurl.