Re: Error compiling apps that use curl.h on Solaris with curl 7.17.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:04:49 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I don't want it to rely on any HAVE_* symbols though, as they're not within
> our name scope and it will be used by configure-based applications (that
> include this header) and may actually not have the exact same meaning as we
> put into it.

Actually, I'm now leaning towards bringing my old work on a configure-based
config.h in the public headers back from:

         http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-12/att-0084/curl-config-header.patch

And then we could use that for a proper socklen_t fix as well.

The problem with non-configure systems are probably best solved by having a
manually crafted include/curl/config.h with #ifdefs by default, that is
replaced by the configure-generated one if applicable.