Re: Error compiling apps that use curl.h on Solaris with curl 7.17.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:45:48 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Yang Tse wrote:

> socklen_t and curl.h strikes back !
>
> Since libcurl 7.17.1 curl.h needs an already defined socklen_t type.

Grrr. Now this is a tricky problem. I'm afraid I see no real fix for this
other than to check for socklen_t in the configure script and fiddle with the
header file accordingly.

> This has already been addressed in CVS version for WIN32 platforms. But we
> still miss a proper fix for any other platform that lacks the socklen_t
> definition.

On glibc-systems it is friendly enough to also #define a variable we could
theoretically check for, but other systems with socklen_t do not...

BTW, I checked and it seems Solaris 6 (2.6) doesn't have socklen_t but Solaris
7 has.

> Maybe some magic could be done, when needed, to also write the socklen_t
> replacement in curl/type.h and include this from curl.h

It hurts inside me, but I really can't see a way to avoid it. Have you given
any further thoughts on how the configure magic and header file in the include
would look and work like?