Re: Fast forward function

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:06:07 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Georg Lippitsch wrote:

>> Can's the CURLOPT_IOCTLFUNCTION be used instead of creating a new callback
>> function?
>
> OK, but I don't completely understand ioctl callback: How do I correctly
> pass the resume_from value to it?

Hah, how silly. Yeah that part is certainly tricky to add without breaking the
API! :-(

Now it hurts my head, but yeah I can't see a very good fix for this to use the
existing function!

We could possibly introduce a new CURLOPT_IOCTLFUNCTION version (with a
different) name that would support both the existing rewind system (and it
could get a value as well) and your new fast forward system. Then we could
obsolete the current CURLOPT_IOCTLFUNCTION and remove it in a distant
future...