Re: NTLM proxy authentication with CURLOPT_READDATA seems broken.

From: Spacen Jasset <spacenjasset_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:13:35 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Spacen Jasset wrote:
>
>> If I use CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS to send 376 bytes via a squid proxy
>> using NTLM all works well.
>>
>> However using the callback mechanism (CURLOPT_READDATA) curl sends the
>> 376 byte to the server while it is trying to request the NTLM
>> negotation parameters, even though curl has set the Content-Length to
>> zero.
>
> Ouch. Just a question for my (upcoming) attempt to repeat this in my
> end: what do you set the CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH value to?

It's set to NTLM | BASIC | DIGEST using the easy interface. My squid
server is set to NTLM, BASIC

I think it is the same with just NTLM settings in curl and squid. I
disabled NTLM on squid and it worked ok with BASIC it is an NTLM only
problem I think (not tried digest though)

If you have trouble re-producing then I will create a test program. I
dont't see that it's user error at the moment. I will try and debug
through tomorrow.