Re: static linking SSL with libcurl for PowerPC

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:51:45 -0800

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:30:55PM -0800, Ganesh Ragavan wrote:
> Thanks Dan. Could you please explain in bit detail about "Or, maybe just
> temporarily move the dynamic libssl.so out of the way during
> the build."?
>
> If I point to libssl.a somewhere in the build, would it build ssl statically
> with libcurl. Could you pls explain where exactly I could specify this?
>
> Because when I included -static option in LDFLAGS, it built everything
> statically including libc.

Right, that's what -static does. If you remove libssl.so
(e.g. 'rm /usr/lib/libssh.so' or just temporarily 'mv' it) then the linker
will look for libssh.a and try to link against that. You could try setting
LDFLAGS=-l/usr/lib/libssh.a during the configure stage, but I don't think
that is going to be enough to fool the linker.

>>> Dan