Re: AW: SCP/SFTP and persistency, bug #1823487

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:56:19 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Enrico Stark wrote:

> I tried yesterday snapshot (libcurl 7.17.2-20071127) for a short test for
> protocols ftp, sftp and scp for uploading. Ftp and sftp work fine, but I
> have a question on scp, sometimes the connection is reused and sometimes
> not, see below ...

Thanks for the report, but I can't repeat it. I did this command line:

curl -T CHANGES scp://localhost/~/tmp/removeme -T README
scp://localhost/~/tmp/removeme2 -T CHANGES scp://localhost/~/tmp/removeme3 -u
user:password -v

... and it re-used the same connection for all transfers!

How did you do it?

> * Channel failed to close

I found out that this particular error message (which really should be shown
since it isn't an error) is due to a bug in libssh2 that I have fixed now...