Re: SCP/SFTP and persistency, bug #1823487

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:10:40 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Immanuel Gregoire wrote:

>> Are you listing an empty dir in that second request?
>
> No, both requests are identical. The log also shows that. For example line
> 27,line 62 and line 122 all show the first file in the listing. The try
> resulting in line 62 is considered dead afterwards.

Yes, but I can't understand how to repeat this problem in any other way than
with an empty dir. I can make it happen then, but the changes I committed the
other day really should prevent it from happening on non-empty dirs.

The "Connection died, retrying a fresh connect" message is output when the
code thinks nothing was received on a re-used connection but something was
expected, and then it retries the request on a fresh connection.

We fix this problem by making sure that the code doesn't think we didn't get
anything in the request. My previous fix did that for dir listings that have
contents. Or at least I thought it fixed it...