Re: curl_easy_perform() call does not return

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:21:22 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Pradeep wrote:

> I'm facing a problem with libcurl version 7.15.4 on Suse linux 9.1. My
> multithreaded cpp program uses libcurl to download files once a day from
> the FTP server. Program is running from past 5 months. After 79 days it
> has stopped downloading files from the FTP server, since then netstat
> command always shows the below entry:

Does it repeatedly fail after 79 days? To me it sounds like some kind of leak,
like a file descriptor one or similar and then a bad error check. Did you try
running your app with valgrind to check for memory-related problems or leaks?

We've done many updates to libcurl since, and I find it rather pointless
trying to debug a problem with such an old version.