Re: Problem with CURLOPT_FILETIME

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:42:10 -0600

On Nov 12, 2007 5:34 PM, Don Mies (NIM) <dmies_at_networksinmotion.com> wrote:

> The man page for curl_easy_setopt under CURLOPT_FILETIME says:

> The curl_easy_getinfo(3) function with the CURLINFO_FILETIME argument
> can be used after a transfer to extract the received time (if any).

I could see where this might be misunderstood, "the received time"
sounds a bit like
"the time at which the file was received" - maybe it would be better
to call it "the remote time"

Although the docs already say:

CURLOPT_FILETIME:
"libcurl will attempt to get the modification date of the remote
document in this operation."

CURLINFO_FILETIME:
"Pass a pointer to a long to receive the remote time of the retrieved document"

 - Jeff