Re: CURLOPT_TIMEOUT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:14:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007, nf2 wrote:

> Hmm... I believe optimally libcurl-multi would have a GSource style design
> by providing prepare/check/dispatch functions:

[...]

> With this design the application has better means to find out when/if it's
> time to call perform().

Can you please explain in plain english exactly in what ways that is better
and how you'd change the libcurl API? I don't see how those four callbaks (if
that is what they are) would help anything to a multi interface using app.

Also, for a true event-driven multi interface use you should rather use
curl_multi_socket() and family (instead of curl_multi_perform()).