Re: CURLOPT_TIMEOUT

From: nf2 <nf2_at_scheinwelt.at>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:07:41 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
>
>> From the docs: "transfer speed in bytes per second that the transfer
>> should be _below_ during ..."
>>
>> bytes per second will never be _below_ zero?
>
> Oops, you're right. And I verified by checking the code and the code
> does check with a less than so it really should be a 1 in that setting...
>
> Thanks for staying alert!

Hmm...

 curl_easy_setopt_or_die(easy, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT, (long)1);
 curl_easy_setopt_or_die(easy, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME, (long)60);

doesn't cancel the connection in my case.

are the speed checking functions called when there is absolutely no
traffic on a socket?
because the only function which is called regularly is
curl_multi_fdset() in that case.