SCP/SFTP and persistency, bug #1823487

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:04:44 +0100 (CET)

Hi friends,

As was noted in the bug report #1823487, we don't properly support persistent
connections when SCP or SFTP is used. (see
http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=1823487)

There should be no technical reasons why we couldn't do that, so I've poked on
the source a bit in order to make it possible (by removing a few earlier
mistakes).

However, it seems the current state machine performs a complete cleanup every
time the "done" action is called so when another "do" is made on the same
connection, all handles and sessions from the previous request are cleared!
:-O

The proper fix is of course to maintain the state in the "done" action and
move the cleanup stuff to the "disconnect" instead. Pretty much like it works
for plain FTP.

James, are you still around and available to make such a remodeling of the
state machine? I figure you're the most suitable man for this job...