get server ip from load balanced redirect?

From: Drew Canitz <drewcanitz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:16:07 -0400

I'm using libcurl to HTTPGET to a URL that then redirects me to an
individual server in a load-balanced server farm. I'm getting intermittent
failures, which leads me to want to log the IP address of the server I'm
really talking to when I detect that I've gotten an invalid response. I'll
use this information to see if there is a pattern that might lead me to
which server has issues and needs attention. Does anyone have a suggestion
how I can get the IP address of the server that I've been redirected to and
am really talking to?