Re: SCP using libcurl ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:33:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Sandro Andrade wrote:

> 1) Is this approach correct ? I mean, am I using a really secure connection
> without inform the certificates ?

Yes. I don't think we can use SCP in an unencrypted way even if wanted to...
:-)

> Are there any other benefits for use of certificates besides the no need of
> username and password ?

Just the normal SSH benefits: you restrict access to people who have gotten a
key already and that reduces the risks of people having a go at the host from
the outside trying random user accounts and their passwords. I bet there are
docs on this out there.

> 2) If I use curl_easy_setopt with the CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE parameter I
> get the error "SCP requires a known file size for upload". Why ? debugit is
> a very simple and short text file.

Sounds like a bug somewhere. Did you build your application and libcurl
large-file aware?