Re: Patrick: Diff for /curl/lib/url.c between version 1.656 and 1.657

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:52:54 +0200

2007/10/17, Patrick Monnerat wrote:

> Your test also fails when sizeof(curl_off_t) == sizeof(size_t) and
> data->set.postfieldsize has a legal value :-(

Could you elaborate a bit further ?

Which is the sizeof(size_t) and sizeof(curl_off_t) ?
How is curl_off_t defined ?
Signed or unsigned curl_off_t ?
Which legal value of data->set.postfieldsize with curl_off_t type
makes the check fail ?
Which platform/compiler are we talking about?
Maybe the definition for curl_off_t is not appropriate for that
platform/compiler.

And just in case. How is size_t defined ? Signed or unsigned size_t ?
If size_t is signed, the case isn't if the overflow check fails or
not. Simply it cannot be used to build a working libcurl.

--
-=[Yang]=-