Re: libcurl performance issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:48:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Éò¾üêÍ wrote:

> curl: Total Time is about: 260s;
> another package: total time is just 18s.
> The diff is too big and almost 15 times.

I'd recommend using a network analzer tool to first check what the heck that
is taking all this time. Then of course CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION with
time-stamped messaged logged will also help somewhat, and possibly stracing
with timestamps.

libcurl should perform pretty near to as fast as possible (as 16K download
buffers can achieve) as there should be no silly behaviours or explanations to
why it would "waste" time anywhere. Everything else is either a problem in
your network or bug(s) in libcurl.