Re: ftp and https headers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:07:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Nishantha Pradeep wrote:

There's no need to send multiple versions of the same mail...

> The way we retrieve the last modified field is somewhat difficult.Of
> course.it fairly complicated

And since libcurl already does this conversion this extra (complex) code is
unnecessary.

> but we want another header fields (content length also).

First, you can still use libcurl's ability to extract the time of the document
and still get the headers you want.

Then, libcurl also offers CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOAD for
curl_easy_getinfo() (or even the progress callback) so you won't need to do
any parsing of your own for that header either.

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTHEADERFUNCTION

http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/sepheaders.c