RE: In preparation for release #102

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:00:36 +0200

Hi,
>> ... and what if you try a recent CVS or daily snapshot version?
> nope, its still broken; MSVC6 lacks of needed definitions in the headers;
> I've tried already to add these to ldap.c, and could then successfully
> compile;
> however the resulted binary crashed....
forgot to mention that this is with plain MSVC6 + SP5 install;
this compiler is also known as VC98 which suggests that this beast is now close to 10 years old!
As others suggested the platform SDK should fix this;
I can try to introduce a hack into f.e. setup.h and check if we have the LDAP_VENDOR define - and if not disable LDAP, or even better error out.

Guen.