Re: Win32 curl-config

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 07:33:41 -0700

> Dan Ledford wrote:

> I intend to use curllib for a client FTPS transfer.
>
> I would like to use the curl-config utility but the versions I have
> seen appear to be intended for UNIX operating systems.
>
> Question:
> Is there a win32 curl-config (for Windows)?

Your question doesn't make a lot of sense. The only function of the
curl-config tool is to output a string of command line options for the C
compiler and linker such as "-I/usr/local/include" or
"-L/some/other/path -lssl -lcrypto" that correspond to the location
where the user installed the library and the libs it was built against.
These options are nonsensical if you're using MSVC so if you're not
using a POSIX-like build environment then I don't see what use you'd
have for curl-config. Just specify the appropriate include and lib dirs
to the compiler in whatever form you prefer based on the location where
you placed the headers and libs.

With that said, curl-config works just fine on Windows if you're using
Cygwin or MSYS with gcc as the C compiler.

Brian