RE: libcurl does not compile in Microsoft VisualStudio 6

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:45:32 +0200

Hi Dan,

> The SDK pointed to by the MS URL is for Windows2003. I am running W2K
> Pro.

> Let's ignore the socklen_t undefined syntax error and move on to the
> definitions of LDAP_VENDOR_NAME and LDAP_VENDOR_VERSION and berval.

> Do you have any idea why these 2 variables and datatype are undefined in a
> VS6 compile of libcurl?
no, not really. It seems to me that you probably use a plain VC6 install without any SP;
its abpsolutely recommended to install the SP5 update (the SP6 does more worse than good):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e9411283-c8ad-4283-8d74-3d6efd917644

this should solve both iussues you faced, without need for the PSDK.

Guenter.