Re: CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE chmod uploaded file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:16:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Bryan Hansen wrote:

> When sending custom "QUOTE" commands to the remote server, one of the
> commands returned an error code that was 400 or higher.

That will cause libcurl to return error. Can't you fix your command so that it
doesn't cause a >= 400 ftp error?

> I'm wondering if I am calling the CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE incorrectly, or if it
> could somehow have something to do with the current directory curl is set to
> at the point in time the POSTQUOTE is run. I have tried with various forms
> of the path and just the filename alone, but I always am getting back this
> same error.

[...]

> stringWithFormat:@"SITE CHMOD 664 %@",filePath] cString]);

So enable CURLOPT_VERBOSE and you'll see that libcurl sends this SITE command.
If your server supports "SITE CHMOD" on the file it really shouldn't send back
an error. Are you possibly passing on the wrong path to the file?