Re: ssize_t: libcurl vs libssh2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:26:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, junk_at_igrspace.com wrote:

>> What about my question about helping out to fix the warnings?
>
> i would be glad to help out, but i never supplied a fix before. Can you
> point me to a guideline on how to do this ? (oh, not sure that is even
> required, but i am not able to test my fixes on many platforms)

Save the unmodified source code trees, and make your changes in a separate
tree. Then you use 'diff -u' to produce patches from the original and your
modified versions. You mail the patches to this list.

>> I mean, have you ruled out that this is a problem in libssh2, as if it is
>> you're better off fixing them first in the libssh2 camp.
>
> Well, that is exactly what i use libcurl for :-p. So i don't have to deal
> with libssh2 myself. Unless there are some existing examples around.
> Actually, i'm simply trying to pull a file from an sftp server.

There are several examples in the libssh2 package, including sftp-using ones.

We've had several people in the past having problems with libssh2 on windows
(with our without using libcurl) and me knowingly those problems are still
present since nobody has yet identified them and fixed them...