Re: ssize_t: libcurl vs libssh2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:32:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, junk_at_igrspace.com wrote:

> also, execution doesn't seem to go the way it should.

I don't see how that warning should prevent things to work since on your 32
bit system the long and int will be the same size...

> what is the best way to work around this ?

I think we should make sure both libcurl and libssh2 first checks for
"__ssize_t_defined" and only do the magic if that is not set and we should set
it afterwards.

The __ssize_t_defined define is what glibc uses for exactly this purpose and I
think it makes sense to use an already established define for this.

Are you up to providing us with the necessary patches? (I'm co-admining the
libssh2 project so I can take that patch as well)