Re: Curl, Openssl and Makefile.m32

From: Niall Twomey <twomers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:03:35 +0100

Woo!
It's nearly all workin' now! I made a batch file:

>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-dll
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-ssl
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-ssl-dll
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-zlib
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-zlib-dll
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-ssl-zlib
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-ssl-dll-zlib-dll
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-dll-ssl-dll
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-dll-zlib-dll
>> nmake /f makefile.vc6 cfg=release-dll-ssl-dll-zlib-dll

which builds everything, I think (I don't know which releases I actually
need ... speaking of which, which do I need? I'm assuming it's the last one
I need, right?).
It builds all the ssl stuff fine, I think (I haven't tested anything yet),
but when I try to do, say, the "nmake /f Makefile.vc6 cfg=release-zlib-dll"
I get an error:

>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'zdll.lib'
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x49d'

(I think it's anything with zlib-dll's that err).
Which I think is talking about this line from the Makefile.vc6:

>> ZLIBLIBSDLL= zdll.lib

I tried playing around with it but couldn't think of anything.
I think we're coming to the end of our relationship together, Guenter.

Niall