Re: icc segmentation faults

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:03:23 -0700

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 01:16:57PM +0200, Tor Arntsen wrote:
> #1 0xb7f1baaa in curl_multi_init () at multi.c:358
> 358 struct Curl_multi *multi = (void *)calloc(sizeof(struct
> Curl_multi), 1);
>
> It isn't immediately obvious what fails. That line is the first line
> in a function with no parameters. calloc apparently segfaults when
> called with an argument of 120,1. If things like this segfaults it's
> usually because of a corrupted/overwritten stack, in my experience.

Since it's a debug build calloc is actually curl_docalloc, so maybe that's
where it's failing. If it's a stack problem, valgrind should be able to
say something about it if you can run it. I also noticed that
one of your Sparc builds is also segfaulting on one of the same tests:
http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20070911064607-30246#prob1
Maybe the Sun debugger will be more forthcoming about the problem.

>>> Dan