Re: Curl, Openssl and Makefile.m32

From: Niall Twomey <twomers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 05:17:28 +0100

Guenter, thanks for the reply!

I followed your instructions carefully and have everything, I believe,
organised as you suggest.
I am, however, getting an error towards the end of the build:

Output of "mingw32-make mingw32-ssl":
> gcc /* ... */ nss.c
> rm -f libcurl.a
> process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, rm -f libcurl.a, ...) failed.>
> make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [libcurl.a] Error 2
> mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/projects/mingw32/curl-7.16.4/lib'
> mingw32-make: *** [mingw32-ssl] Error 2

which I believe is referring to the "RM = rm -f" line of my makefile
(used in Makefile.m32 lines 26, 76, 86, 99 and 102). Any idea what
that's about? I've tried playing around with its values ... but to no
avail. I even (just to see though I had little hope it would do
anything helpful), reinstalled mingw to its latest and greatest
version. I do normally attempt to figure out why things don't work
myself but this is simply stomping me and I'm out of ideas ...
Any ideas?

>> you will also need to point to zlib with 7.16.4 release.
I'm not certain what you mean by that ... I don't "use a daily
snapshot", as you might have guessed. Could you explain what you mean?
Do you mean to build zlib with curl in mind?

>> its up to you to learn how to tell the GUI where to find the libs for linking
I know how to get the GUI to link to the libraries, alright. It's
currently building 'em is the trouble.