Odd Perl Issue

From: Jonathan Freedman <jef_at_pleiades.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:56:04 -0300

Hello Everyone,

Seeing some interesting behavior with libcurl on Perl on a unix
environment. Have developed several apps that use GET with curl/perl,
and just started porting our system to a new environment where POST is
the rule. Our application has a RESTful interface, and the nature of the
application is that I am constantly hammering it with requests.
Occasionally, and only on certain URL's, curl will hang as it connects.
Strace tells me that it is waiting for a read() on fd0 (STDIO), wheras
the curl file handle is fd4. If I switch back to the console where the
application is running, it will hang until I send EOF (ctrl-d) to the
app. Then it continues along it's merry way.

This is blocking issue for me, and I would like to get it resolved. If
nobody can think of anything for me to think off the top of their heads
I will try to distill this down into a smaller test case and post the
code to the list. The only other 3rd party thing involved in this perl
module is XPath.

Cheers

Jonathan Freedman
VP Operations