Re: SFTP - How to delete a file

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:35:43 -0700

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 01:02:50PM -0500, Mathew Simon wrote:
> I haven't tried using CURL command-line directly. I have compiled only
> the libcurl. I could try climbing that learning curve.

Compiling curl itself should be exactly as easy as compiling libcurl. You
might have even compiled it already without knowing!

> But it would be
> much simple and easier, if one of the MINGw32 experts among the
> developers can test it.

I agree, it would be much easier for you if someone else did your testing
for you.

> Even if I do all these tests, none of you
> (developers) will believe my results anyway. The results obtained by one
> of the developers will have higher credibility and it will be easier for
> them to test it too.

I don't agree--if you can show us that the problem is in libcurl, you'll
find a receptive audience of people willing to fix the problem. What
what we (the developers) HAVE said is that it works for us, and that
some of the things you were trying to do weren't working because they
were invalid. Since you haven't shown us your code, and you haven't
even tried the same operations with known working code (curl.exe),
we haven't yet been ruled out a problem in your program. That is by
far the most common source of problems that appear on this list and
therefore the most efficient place to start looking.

There could certainly be a problem with libssh2 or libcurl on mingw32, but
we won't know that for certain unless someone tries running curl.exe
on mingw32 to see.

>>> Dan