can you use HTTP/XML protocol with cURL in reading the output of a server after post from client?

From: mazon26 <mazon26_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

Here is a look at the wireshark analysis:
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3061/wiresharkfhimagets6.png

I realize that ajax and javascript functionality is irrelevant when trying to mimic the posts/requests of client to server on a specific website. All I am worrying about is trying to mimic the posts from the client to server, and then also being able to use cURL to read and interpret the data from server to client. As you can see in my picture taken from wireshark, the server sends back through the "HTTP/XML" protocol, an xml file (I see why they call it the http/xml protocol). What I want to know is if it is possible to be able to retrieve that xml data back from the server with the cURL after its done posting to the server. From the header it looks just like any other HTTP header from that protocol, but I'm confused because wireshark states it as the HTTP/XML protocol and i'm not sure if cURL can handle this.
  Here is a look at what exactly it returns on the header:
bZK>Ew$@.__at_HpdP*AjP,"HTTP/1.1 200 OK