RE: LDAP

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:24:36 +0200

> I wanted to test for the LDAP_VENDOR_NAME to determine the used LDAP
SDK:

> #define LDAP_VENDOR_NAME "Novell"
> #define LDAP_VENDOR_NAME "OpenLDAP"
> #define LDAP_VENDOR_NAME "mozilla.org"
> #define LDAP_VENDOR_NAME "Iplanet A Sun|Netscape Alliance"
> #define LDAP_VENDOR_NAME "Microsoft Corporation."

I would'nt rely on it, since these may even change in the future (i.e.:
Sun may lose its name, like Compaq --> HP). You may even miss a
compatible SDK only because its name is not in the list. I.e.: in OS/400
case, this is
#define LDAP_VENDOR_NAME "International Business Machines Corp."
Obviously, the only intended purpose of LDAP_VENDOR_NAME is to be
displayed.

If you need to discriminate SDKs, it's because some things are specific
to each of them. I think you have better to check these specific things
directly, either in C source if it can be done easily, or in
configure.ac.