Re: curl_multi_perform usage & easy handle "reset"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:42:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Emil Romanus wrote:

> Great idea, I would really like to see this!
>
> - PAUSE?
>>
>> - RESUME?
>
> Sounds pretty hard to implement? If the server closes the connection because
> there's no activity while we're paused, and we then try to resume, how would
> libcurl do this? Continue where it left off by opening a new connection and
> requesting a partial file? Fail and let the program decide what to do?

I figure it would do exactly like it does today in case the server disconnects
in the middle: the transfer fails. I don't believe in adding too much magic
under the hood.

> Don't throw this idea away. ;-)

I never throw away good ideas, but I frequently let them rot away if there's
no people showing interest to work on turning them into reality... Look at me
as the mere captain of the boat, not as the entire crew.