Re: multi-interface

From: Richard Atterer <richard_at_2007.atterer.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:38:38 +0200

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:23:44PM +0100, Peter Thiess wrote:
> By stacking I meant a mechanism which works like a serial queue.

With the multi interface, there is no such queue.

> Do I understand it correctly that libcurl is opening multiple channels
> and transfers files at the same time?

Yes - and IIRC there are no limits with regard to the number of
simultaneous requests (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I think that if
your application starts lots and lots of requests, it's your own
responsibility to ensure that it stops doing so once a certain maximum is
reached.

> If so how many is it scalable? Do you know if examples are available?

Search the list archives - there has been some work on scaling it up to
several thousand simultaneous connections, I'm not sure how far it has
proceeded. A couple hundred connections should be no problem!

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯