Re: issue with curl_multi_timeout while doing non-blocking HTTP posts in VMS

From: Sudarshan Raghunathan <sudarshan_raghunathan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:55:24 -0700

Thanks for your prompt response.
I mis-understood the meaning of the 'timeout' value returned in
curl_multi_timeout and did not treat it as an absolute max value.
So, it looks like I need to do a select for action on my sockets before
invoking curl_multi_perform again.
In the context of my VMS process, the select call returns an error (-1). I
need to figure out the reason for this.

On a side note, is there a way for the easy interface - i.e.
curl_easy_perform to 'not hang' indefinitely on a URL error etc or is the
multi interface my only option to do a non-blocking post?
Thanks,
Sudarshan

http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2